The schedule is evolving, however, stocks are generally reviewed in the following periods annually.
- December/January - Diadromous
- January - Gulf of St. Lawrence snow crab
- March - Gulf groundfish and regional herring
- April - Offshore scallops and Georges Bank groundfish
- November - Scotian Shelf/Bay of Fundy finfish and invertebrates
Swordfish and bluefin tuna are reviewed by International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic
Tunas (ICCAT). Marine mammal stocks are sometimes reviewed regionally, with review by the National Marine
Mammals Committee as required.
Consideration of oceans, habitat and fisheries management issues are conducted as required.
Return to Top of Page